Description: Two fragments of a Cruciform Stone of greenish schist. The stone is carved on both sides. One side has a Latin cross with a groove around it. On the other side there are two saltires in a rectangle and a single saltire above. The cross arms above are filled with interlace and what might be two birds, beak to beak. The schist would have been very difficult to carve.
Origin: The lower piece was found in 1890, built into the stackyard wall, North West of the church on Inchmarnock. It was one of the early exhibits in the Museum. In 1974 the upper piece was found in the same wall and was finally reunited with the lower piece in 1987 when it was built into a cross-shaped mount by Eric Jarvie.

