Object: Destination Boards
Date: 20th c
Description: Destination board from the Paddle Steamer Talisman. There were two vessels of that name, the first built in 1896 and the second in 1935. The name part is from the Talisman, the place name boards are from a selection already in the Museum collection. The ‘journey’ was made up from some of the places that the Talisman sailed to. She was based in Craigendoran and sailed mainly to Dunoon, Rothesay and the Kyles of Bute. From 1935 she was on the Wemyss Bay – Largs – Millport route. She was withdrawn from service in 1966.
Origin: The Talisman part was bought from an antique shop and later donated to the Museum by the purchaser.

